A big bug with digital assets

ofer

Hello.

I am using Houdini 9.5 on OSX. I encountered a very annoying bug when creating a few digital assets. Every few times I click "Apply"/"Accept" in the Type Properties window, the DA's parameter interface is reverted to its default "Transforms"/"Subnet" folders, and all the parameters I put there are gone. So now my DA is ruined. If I'm lucky, and I have clicked "Apply", I can click "Apply" again, and the DA is OK. But if I clicked "Accept", everything is gone.

I lost a few hours work this way. Maybe there is a way to revive my parameters?

Thanks.

OK, I have.

Hi,

I have had the same problems on Linux at some point... It is obvious that it is a bug. I have lost lots of OTL settings. But what I have noticed... (maybe it is just my imagination because I do not have a chance to test it)... I have noticed that If you are trying to edit the Parameters of your OTL through the "Operator Type Manager" option... and in the meantime you have already accidentally edited the interface of your OTL using "Edit Parameter Interface..." option, these kind of troubles are more likely to happen...

Hi,

I think what you describe is a little different. I also noticed that, but this isn't a bug. If you edit the parameters interface though the "edit parameters interface", it is like adding spare parameters in Houdini 8.x, and it gets the DA node out of sync of its the definition. So Houdini yells.

At least that is how I understand it.

Hi,

I think what you describe is a little different. I also noticed that, but this isn't a bug. If you edit the parameters interface though the "edit parameters interface", it is like adding spare parameters in Houdini 8.x, and it gets the DA node out of sync of its the definition. So Houdini yells.

At least that is how I understand it.

Yes... I just described something that might happen accidentally. It is not a bug.