how to houdini pop to maya

dodoer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also considering various options to quickly and conveniently cache particles back to maya

Has anybody successfully imported .bin files from houdini to maya?

Does houdini natively outputs realflow genuine bin particle cache from the rop output drive (or file in write mode)?

Should I include some additional attributes in order to have the particle loader in maya recognize the cache genuinly coming from realflow?

Thanks

Luca

Edited by Lucavfx

I'm also considering various options to quickly and conveniently cache particles back to maya

Does houdini natively outputs realflow genuine bin particle cache from the rop output drive (or file in write mode)?

Should I include some additional attributes in order to have the particle loader in maya recognize the cache genuinly coming from realflow?

Thanks

Luca

I'm not sure about Maya, but I've been using the world-famous Real Flow plugin from xionmark to move particles from Real Flow to Krakatoa.

It works wonderfully for what I needed to do: remap Real Flow's particle age to particle density, etc, then export out to .bin again.

The RF import SOP gives you all the RF particle channels as point attributes, and the RF export SOP puts them all back--for what it's worth, Krakatoa works great with the exported bins.

The plugin is available in source code here (Win32 compiled dll link is broken, you may have to compile it yourself):

http://www.digitalcinemaarts.com/dev/real_flow/index.html

EDIT: Realized that RealFlow doesn't export color.

post-3604-1225262988_thumb.jpg

Edited by melazoma

Thanks I'll look into that!

L

Thanks

Luca