weird request

MG

Dear odforcians,

It has been a while since I've dropped by. What a great forum this is, and has always been. I'll definitely try to become more active again, and make up for my idleness.

I have a rather awkward sounding request, but it means a lot to me. Well, here goes:

I've lost a HDD not awfully long ago, I kept all my
Houdini
installation packages on it. I maintained a database more or less. As for my request, does anyone still have
Houdini
5.x and 5.5.x installers backed up somewhere? Perhaps to be uploaded or P2P'ed/torrent'ed somehow. Since I'd like to use some older versions. And, are
IRIX
versions also available? As I've purchased a
SGI Tezro
workstation not long ago and unfortunately there are no
IRIX
versions of
Houdini
up in the archive of
SESI
anymore...

Thanks in advance!

I have the original install disks for 4.1, 5 and 5.5 if you need them I could burn a copy.

Let me know if you get them from somewhere else.

That would be great! Thanks a ton for the offer, I really appreciate it. Once again, I can't stress it enough, what a fantastic community Houdini has. For a while I was afraid I was never going to see those versions again...

Could you turn it into a torrent perhaps? Either way, whatever suits you best (whatever is the least trouble for you).

Edited by MG