Transfer geo and UV from XSI to Houdini

Div

Hi,

I'm desesperatly trying to import correctly my uv information into houdini. I export the geometry from xsi as an obj and when i load it in houdini the uv are there but they are distorted, and scaled up... what's going on ? when i export the geometry back to xsi they are still distorted... I've tried to quick edit them in houdini in order to scale them but it didn't work.... For info I'm using houdini 9.5, and as far as i remember this method works great with houdini 8........ Did you ever get this kind of problem ???

Thanks for you further help...

Cheers,

Nico

Edited by Div

Ok problem fixed... I were wrong when i thought it cames from houdini, i should have first check re-import the obj in xsi and see that's the uv are distorted.... The problem was, for those who are interested, that xsi can't export correctly in obj UV's which were generated by a camera mapping, there's no problem with uv generated by the other ways.......

Thanks

Edited by Div

In order to avoid the bug and keep the camera-mapped uvs you just have to go inside the texture editor, select all the vertices and move them a little bit... Then you can export the obj with correct uvs...

Edited by Div