Visualise camera path

scp

Hi there,

I was just wondering whether it was possible to visualise a camera motion path where the camera had been keyframed and brought into Houdini. I'm looking to do some final tweaking on a matchmove but wanted to visualise the camera path in 3d to help me. Is there a way to do this, perhaps using a trail sop?

Thanks for your help

Simon

Hi Simon,

I can't help much at the moment but I think you've just answered your question. If you append trail to camera and merge them you should see the path. Trail lenght should be set to fairly hight value, (or event better) using variable $RFEND. You need to do the same with the cache size btw.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the "reset cache button". I think with this setup you need to reset cache every time you change your animation.

Yes the Trail SOP will give you a path and yes you will need to press the refresh button to re-evaluate the path.

Use CHOPs. :)

Two methods in there. One on object pivots (Object CHOP) and one that will peer in to geometry (allows you to set custom origin to track through positioning a point inside the target object).

It's all set to turn it in to an HDA. Go for it then share.

chop_camera_path_v01.hip

• Like 3