Rendering with BG image seq (beginner)

starmat

Hi guys.

I just started to work in Houdini and i am having some trouble.

I have been looking for a while now to find the answer. I am adding a 3d object to a scene (image seq) and i already have tracked the camera and imported into houdini.

Also, i am able to see the BG (image seq), but i dont know how to set it up so it renders the BG with the Obj. It is always black.

If you guys dont mind, would it be possible to give me a step by step instructions on how to make the BG visible in the render so i can create a "slap comp"?

That would be great.

btw it is houdini 9.5 Ap.

Thank you

Cool.

So you think that would be faster?

Ill do that then. I just thought there would be a faster way to render both the FG and the BG together for slap comp.

Thank you!

It's easier to import your rendered images and background in COPs, comp them and render the comp out.

Cheers!

steven

Cool.

So you think that would be faster?

Ill do that then. I just thought there would be a faster way to render both the FG and the BG together for slap comp.

Thank you!

if you just want to put your rendered elements over your backplate, then in mplay you can put your backplate as a background image, just like you can in the viewport. Just hit the "d" key when in mplay and it will bring up the display options. And put your BG in the background tab > file parameter.