wirecapture with varying radius

pbd

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the 'wirecapture' node.

If you look in the docs you will find:

U Radius and Lookup
-------------------
The two parameter components here are multiplied together to determine the effective capturing radius of the primitives. If the second component (Lookup) contains a channel, then it is evaluated using the current u value of the primitive instead of time. This allows you to specify a varying radius along the u length of the primitive. The length of the channel (ie. from its first to last key) is scaled to the u length of the primitive. Note that if the lookup curve is a channel reference, then the length of the channel must match that of the referenced one.

I can't manage to get a varying radius. I do have a channel on 'lookup' (actually I am gaetting a chopchanel with chopcf() ), so that should be fine.

But I have no idea how to specify a varying 'radius', I tried even putting a rand(10) but it does not vary, it's always the same across the curve.

Obviously here I am missing something. Hints?

p

Edited by p_b

If you're using CHOPs then use the chop() expression to reference your CHOP channel. If you just type in an expression, it won't work because that only creates 1 key on the channel. You also need to set another key (with the same expression) at where you want to stop using the CHOP channel.

If you're using CHOPs then use the chop() expression to reference your CHOP channel. If you just type in an expression, it won't work because that only creates 1 key on the channel. You also need to set another key (with the same expression) at where you want to stop using the CHOP channel.

The second keyframe was the main catch. Thanks a lot.

Thanks also to Michael for the example.

P.