Got my Library card :-)

Well I recently applied for a library card at my local university ((UNT) University North Texas). It took me about three weeks to get the darn thing, but I soon found out it was well worth it. I go to the library to find out their is a library just dedicated to science and technology :o So I start to journey to that library. I start off by looking for the book Advanced Renderman: Creating CGI for motion pictures, which I do find along with the Renderman Companion. While I was looking at these books on the shelfs I noticed something protruding on the shelves. It was a big book about non other than "Digital Domain". I was thoroughly surprised someone had taken the time to write a book about Digital Domain.

Well a week later, I must say this book is a blast to read. I would recommend this book to any Houdini user or person who is interested in learning about CG in film and other video media. It even refers to some sort of L-systems software in the book ;-)

cheers

-capin_crunch

post-13-1051038900.jpg

yeah, I have that book...it's really good. The level of writing is just about right, not insultingly general like those horrible "HBO First Look" things on DVDs, but not super technical either, so it's a good book for everybody.