How to promote attributes optimally?

I have to promote primitve class attributes into point one. Do we have any facility in HDK to do this? I see only

void GEO_VertexAttribDict::promoteAttrib(const char * n, int s, GB_AttribType type) 			

Promote an attribute to the vertex dictionary.

Or shall I find out which polygons are sharing the point and just do the sampling / interpolation manually?

Cheers.

If anyone is interested... findPrimsUsingPoint(pt, primlist, prefarr) operation is very expensive and not very useful in this particular case.

But I have found a pretty fast solution: instead of baking an attribute as primitive attribute (in "for all polygons" pass) we can bake this attibute into each point of the polygon with addition (ptAttrib += val). Also we have to create a counter attribute (cntAttrib += 1). In second pass (i.e. "for all points") we just have to divide ptAttrib by cntAttrib and we are done.

It's fast but if somebody knows "one line" or faster or more proper solution please tell about it.

Edited by hoknamahn