Find the number of groups Procedurally

Cannoth

I have a partition node that pumps out a few groups, then I am connecting it to a metagroup node. If one middle mouses over the node it tells you how many groups there are in the node. In the metagroup node, in the metaball groupings parameter I'm looking to enter an expression so that I can automatically set the number of metaball groupings to the number of groups incoming into the node.

??

C

Thank you so much! In looking for expressions I didn't come across either. Guess I have to try harder. The worst thing is that as I entered in the expression for the metaball group node, it cautions out stating the node cannot be animated or time dependent. BOOOOO

• 11 months later...

... H.U.D. this reference resets itself every time you open your project as of 10.465... for instance I set it to the number of groups I had for a material sop so I could apply X-number of shader for each of those groups and it wiped my groups clean every reload... :-( no fun, but hope you don't have the same info after finding out this cool info...

My problem... I couldn't get it to work in a for each loop, but I think that would be the cure for my problem, a.k.a. the material group name would be my selection group name, channel referenced to find a shader in shop under that group name... **shoulder shrug** research time not equal too manual duplication effort