A simple CHOPS question

hey I figured that Boujou 4.1 exports a Houdini .Hip file while exporting the camera.

I wanted to know whether I can export it as a chan file?

I could fetch in the camera data in CHOPS, this part is something I'm cool with....but How do I export this info as a .chan file or something usable (by say Nuke which can import .chan files)

Though Nuke has a boujouImport script, Its not really working for me..(I cant undersatnd how to execute it!!) so I figured simply importing the camera data might be easier and more importantly I would get started with CHOPS. I have not been able to start off. (I want to dig deeper into CHOPS as its really powerful!!)

Any help Is greatly appreciated! :)

hey I figured that Boujou 4.1 exports a Houdini .Hip file while exporting the camera.

I wanted to know whether I can export it as a chan file?

I could fetch in the camera data in CHOPS, this part is something I'm cool with....but How do I export this info as a .chan file or something usable (by say Nuke which can import .chan files)

Though Nuke has a boujouImport script, Its not really working for me..(I cant undersatnd how to execute it!!) so I figured simply importing the camera data might be easier and more importantly I would get started with CHOPS. I have not been able to start off. (I want to dig deeper into CHOPS as its really powerful!!)

Any help Is greatly appreciated! :)

In Outputs, have a look at the Channel ROP to export a .chan file

hey thanks SpencerL,

although I exported it as a .chan file...I guess its not storing much of the data (the size is only 1 KB for 50 frames of animated camera)

also it did not show any changes to the camera in nuke when imported (I guess coz of the same issue..)

I'll try once more to export properly else I'll upload the simple test I have set up.

hey thanks SpencerL,

although I exported it as a .chan file...I guess its not storing much of the data (the size is only 1 KB for 50 frames of animated camera)

also it did not show any changes to the camera in nuke when imported (I guess coz of the same issue..)

I'll try once more to export properly else I'll upload the simple test I have set up.

Unfortunately, Im unfamiliar with how to bring an .chan file into nuke, but to check and see if your .chan file has any data, you can open it using any text editor such as Nedit, Notepad, etc.