Does Houdini consist of mutiple UV set function??

Hi, I'm new to Houdini from Maya. Is there a way to create multi UV set as in single object or mesh in Houdini???

I recall that Maya have a UV set function as in single mesh, which allow to create multi UV projection in different layer and combine togather as in the end. For example in the case of placing a tattoo on a hand. A 2k resolution texture for the skin may be clear enough for to see skin texture but it might not be clear for the tattoo if it is paint in same taxture. So, in maya we can place the tattoo in a different UV projection in second UV set and it will combine 2 UV set togather and so that the tattoo texture resolution size can be kept low.

Hi,

if You need more uvs there is a layer sop, add the projection after the layer sop that is set to a higher number than one and it generates a new projection in that layer. In the detail view You can now see a vector attribute called for example uv2[]

Martin

Hi, I'm new to Houdini from Maya. Is there a way to create multi UV set as in single object or mesh in Houdini???

I recall that Maya have a UV set function as in single mesh, which allow to create multi UV projection in different layer and combine togather as in the end. For example in the case of placing a tattoo on a hand. A 2k resolution texture for the skin may be clear enough for to see skin texture but it might not be clear for the tattoo if it is paint in same taxture. So, in maya we can place the tattoo in a different UV projection in second UV set and it will combine 2 UV set togather and so that the tattoo texture resolution size can be kept low.

Thanks for advice. But I do have another problem.

I had tried a simple test of project 2 differ layer for a sphere and craeted 2 shading layers for it. One UV project as Polar and another layer of UVprojecton as orthographic RotateX 90. At VEX_net, 2 shading layer were created with setting of attribute layer 1 and 2, and connect to 2 seperated texture and multipling it as connect to Output Variable as color. erm..the outcome seem like two texture multiple on eachother, and i tried something else such as "Add" or "Blend Region" it doesn't seem right as i'm expecting for some blending effect outcome such as the UV orthographic projection will cover the distortedpart of Polar projection but not layer 1 taxture covering the second layer.

Is there any suggestion for improvement or have I miss out certain step??

post-4781-1243840913_thumb.jpg

Hay nuvelle,

You haven't told the shader where to draw texture1 and where to draw texture2 (the empty bias input on your mix), so it's just showing a blend of both. You have to feed it some sort of mask. This can be a mask created in your vopnet, or come from a texture file, or maybe an attribute on your geometry that you import into vex. The best way in this situation might be to just paint the mask right onto the geometry. Use an AttributeCreate SOP and create a float attribute with a name like "mask" (without the quotes), then in a Paint SOP check Override Color and put the name of the attribute you just created. Once you've painted your mask you can import it into VOPs with a Parameter node by putting the name of the attribute into Parameter Name. Plug that into your bias and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.