Stop you damned particle!

symek

Does FollowPOP trigger some event/attrib when particle reaches its target? I need this because as long as I don't disable other forces (attractors), stopped particles jump like crazy -> they are definitely not $STOPPED. I can't use grouping by any common attrib etc. I just need to know that $this guy has just reached its target. I'm doing this by transfering attrib from source target geometry, but this isn't very precise, not to mention elegance . I'm not using CollisionPOP also, since I need them to get to the precise point on target.

Any other trick to force stopped particles (by FollowPOP) to stay on its place?

Thanks for any advice!

skk.

Edited by SYmek

Does FollowPOP trigger some event/attrib when particle reaches its target? I need this because as long as I don't disable other forces (attractors), stopped particles jump like crazy -> they are definitely not $STOPPED. I can't use grouping by any common attrib etc. I just need to know that $this guy has just reached its target. I'm doing this by transfering attrib from source target geometry, but this isn't very precise, not to mention elegance . I'm not using CollisionPOP also, since I need them to get to the precise point on target.

Any other trick to force stopped particles (by FollowPOP) to stay on its place?

Thanks for any advice!

skk.

Hi can you upload your hip to see what you need ,

there are a few examples like this one .

mangi

followstop.hip

Hi can you upload your hip to see what you need ,

there are a few examples like this one .

mangi

Thanks mangi, but that's not a problem - I know these examples. The point is how to disable other forces once particle reaches its target. If you add to your system 10 different forces or attractors, particles from your example won't stop, You need to put them in $STOPPED state or disable other accelerators. That's why some event would be helpful. Up to now I rewrote FollowPOP in vex, so I'm kinda able to nuke accel other then my own, but still system is not stable. Because they are in constant move, I can't set pstate =4; they won't be on place. I think it's a common problem though.

Edited by SYmek