Noise jumps allthough Dual Rest field is applied

sanostol

I get some problems with the dualrest field. The pyroshader and the pyrosolver both use dual restfields

flame_pyroshader :

Start Frame = 1

Reset Rate = 50

pyrosolver:

Initial Reset Frame = 1

Reset Every Frames = 50

I guess I misunderstand the parameters

Here is the clip:

burning_res100.43.MOV

At the frames 52 and 76 the noise jumps

<_<

Martin

what h10 version are you using? I believe this has recently been updated, as there was a bug there.

Otherwise unlock the Pyro solver and go to the gasintermittent solve microsolver. Attached to that one is the gas rest 2 microsolver. Change frames between solve to something like a 1000

Hope it helps :)

what h10 version are you using? I believe this has recently been updated, as there was a bug there.

Otherwise unlock the Pyro solver and go to the gasintermittent solve microsolver. Attached to that one is the gas rest 2 microsolver. Change frames between solve to something like a 1000

Doesnt appear to have been changed in the latest build (10.0.327). Changing the gasintermittent solve to a higher number, will rest2 actually get regenerated before that? It looks like it doesnt & is getting stretched.

yes, your settings should be correct.

regarding the 2nd rest offset. The first intermittent solve is only there for initialization on the first frame. The second one regenerates over a different interval. That's how I understand it. We ran into this issue at work and I believe that's what I did to fix the issue. We use a different shader atm but this shouldn't change anything.