Collect POP issue

I dont know whether this is an error at all or just a matter of misconception ( mine ).... :blink:

Can I collect particles from same source which are affected by different forces etc??

I wanted to collect 2 stream of particles (from the same source):

1) the ones that hit the wall and stick there.

2) ones which bounce off the surface after collision..

but the collect POP errors out saying something like 'invalid source' and sometimes 'the source cant have more than 1 output..

this is why i am confused whether this can be done or not?

thanks.. :)

I dont know whether this is an error at all or just a matter of misconception ( mine ).... :blink:

Can I collect particles from same source which are affected by different forces etc??

I wanted to collect 2 stream of particles (from the same source):

1) the ones that hit the wall and stick there.

2) ones which bounce off the surface after collision..

but the collect POP errors out saying something like 'invalid source' and sometimes 'the source cant have more than 1 output..

this is why i am confused whether this can be done or not?

thanks.. :)

The Collect POP can only collect particles from different sources, ie source POP, split POP, etc. The reason for this is say you had 100 particles being birthed from source1. Each particle has an ID of 1 - 100 If you were to wire that into a collect pop twice then there would be 200 particles and essentially have 2 particles with ID's of 1 - 100 , which it cant have, ie the error message.