Mantra network rendering

Hi

I am trying to setup network rendering with mantra, but at this monet I didn't have a lot of success.

I have 2 machines: vfxstation01 (main host) and vfxstation02 (hetwork host).

For test: I want the image be rendered only by the network host. Both machines have 2 CPUs with 2 Cores + Hyper Threading, so on both of machines I see 8 cores.

Now, to render:

On vfxstation01 I open my scene, and in mantra ROP I disable "Use Max Processors", then to the mantra command I add "mantra -H vfxstation02" and press Render.

According to Mantra Docs this will render my image using 1 core from vfxstation01. But after 3-5 seconds I get error in mantra ROP, and in console I get:

master@vfxstation01:~$ Generating Image: vfxstation02 (512x512)

Plane[]: Of[3] (16-bit float)

mantra: Could not open imager

Error: Failed to create file "null: : Permission denied".

What does it mean? I understand that something with permissions, but what to do with this I don't know.

By the way, both machines ping each other, so the ntwork is ok. I also found that when I press Render on vfxstation01, on vfxstation02 I immediatly get mantra process. It appears in the process list for few seconds, and then dissapeares, and I get error in ROP, and that text in console.

What am I doing wrong?

I already read it.

I have 2 machines (vfxstation01 and vfxstation02), and everything is ok when I render separetly, but when I whan to use both machines in render - it becomes a problem

My tests on vfxstation01:

1) mantra (default settings. ) Everything is ok. Mantra renders using about 75-85% CPU.

2) mantra -H vfxstation01 (the same as 1, but I spesified the name of the local machine. Mantra renders using about 65-75% CPU. Little bit strange! )

3) mantra -H vfxstation02 (network rendering using only the second machine). Mantra renders using about 75-85% CPU of the second machine. )

4) mantra -H vfxstation01, vfxstation02 (network rendering using both machines). Mantra renders quits with error, and in console I get

Generating Image: vfxstation02 (512x512)

Plane[]: Of[3] (16-bit float)

mantra: Could not open imager

Error: Failed to create file "null: : Permission denied".

5) mantra -H vfxstation01, vfxstation01, vfxstation02 (the resul is the same as in 2)

6) mantra -H vfxstation02, vfxstation02, vfxstation01 (the resul is the same as in 3)

How can I use both machines to render? What am I doing wrong?

Are you testing this on win, linux...Why don't you try instead of names, static IP addresses?

Aliluia!

Friends, the solution was a little bit stupid!

The problem was in space between hostnames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mantra -H vfxstation01, vfxstation02 (gives an error)

mantra -H vfxstation01,vfxstation02 (works fine)