Offset animation of a word's letters

br1

Hi,

I'm trying to create an effect where all the letters of a sentence or a word rotate each at a time to finally reveal the final sentence.

I've played with an example found on Odforce to split my word using a partition, and I'm using an xform within a foreach in order to get all the letters to rotate around their center.

Now I'd like to add some time offset so that the last letter rotates later than the first one. I guess I could offset the bezier curve based on the primitive number, but am not sure about how to do it.

I attached my file with the text already rotating.

Thanks

Br1

letter_rotate.hipnc

Edited by br1

You've got many ways to do it. You could do it using CHOPS, there is a good tutorial on how use the lag effect here : http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1052&Itemid=257 . Here is an other way, using the timeshift sop which is pretty useful. You can do it inside your for each node, but i don't remember how to stamp the FORVALUE inside it, so i made it a different way using copy sop. Just as a tip, try to put nodes likes the facet one before your xform sop, because if you put after, it will process the facetting for each frame and that could be painful with bigger meshes....

letter_rotate2.hipnc

Edited by Div

You've got many ways to do it. You could do it using CHOPS, there is a good tutorial on how use the lag effect here : http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1052&Itemid=257 . Here is an other way, using the timeshift sop which is pretty useful. You can do it inside your for each node, but i don't remember how to stamp the FORVALUE inside it, so i made it a different way using copy sop. Just as a tip, try to put nodes likes the facet one before your xform sop, because if you put after, it will process the facetting for each frame and that could be painful with bigger meshes....

Thanks for your advice Nico, I didn't know about the facet re-evaluating for each frame.

I'm having a look at the file you provided, and it works like a charm. I'll now study it to try and understand what you did !

Thanks again !

Br1