duplicate popnet with rand seed

itriix

Hello everyone,

I've been running some particle sims and to get a denser more even look, i've been duplicating my popnets and simply changing the random seed for each. problem is, if i want to make a change inside of the popnet, i have to reduplicate the popnets and redo the random seeds too... was just curious, is there a way to have a popnet spit out X number of sims, each with their own seed? and then put into a merge node to bring them together?

thank you

Jonathan

Edited by itriix

You could also use a python expression to return the last digit in the name, and just copy/paste a whole bunch of networks with a merge sop at the end. Multiply the result by a certain amount to get a wider gap in your seeds.

digitsInName(self) → int

Return the value of the last set of digits inside the node’s name, or 0 if there are no digits.

For example, the result is 102 for a node named geo102, and 34 for a node named light12to34.

So if you have a bunch of popNets... just plug 'hou.pwd().digitsInName()*10' in the first one and then copy/paste. If you have any nodes with seed parameters within the network, you can also link them all to the popnet's own seed parameter by plugging in 'ch("../seed")'. Hope this helps.

Edited by static

You could also use a python expression to return the last digit in the name, and just copy/paste a whole bunch of networks with a merge sop at the end. Multiply the result by a certain amount to get a wider gap in your seeds.

digitsInName(self) → int

Return the value of the last set of digits inside the node’s name, or 0 if there are no digits.

For example, the result is 102 for a node named geo102, and 34 for a node named light12to34.

So if you have a bunch of popNets... just plug 'hou.pwd().digitsInName()*10' in the first one and then copy/paste. If you have any nodes with seed parameters within the network, you can also link them all to the popnet's own seed parameter by plugging in 'ch("../seed")'. Hope this helps.

Or use the opdigits() expression combined with that popmerge (that seems like the easiest solution to me):

From the opdigits() exhelp

| opdigits("/obj/geo1") = 1
          | 
          | opdigits(".") = 1

Edited by pclaes