Saving problem, extreme big saves

Hello I have problem with saving my scenes. All is ok, but when I save scene, say from 7mb go to 50, another save to 100mb another 275 and then my scene cant open. All saves has only little change, simle geometry, couple of particles. Just look at this. I delete all, but save has still 268 MB. I zip him and has 287kb. Please, do you have somebody some similar problem? There is packet scene. Thanks a lot for your time.....BC....

05.zip

thanks a lot deecue I download new version, hope will be good. Nice day...BC....

a temporary solution (/hack) is to open a second houdini session and copy your nodes in that one, then save again.

Hello I have problem with saving my scenes. All is ok, but when I save scene, say from 7mb go to 50, another save to 100mb another 275 and then my scene cant open. All saves has only little change, simle geometry, couple of particles. Just look at this. I delete all, but save has still 268 MB. I zip him and has 287kb. Please, do you have somebody some similar problem? There is packet scene. Thanks a lot for your time.....BC....

05.zip

Perhaps interestingly (and for a record) I remember at least four cases when Houdini was saving hip files this way for some period of time after which always different bug was removed. Last two considered H10.0 (actually I think one of them still exitsts). In all cases expanding Hip file with hexpand command and careful inspection of its content helped to investigate a problem and clean up a scene.

In early H10.0 builds there was a bug which causes LUTs created in previous version of Houdini (cheers Georg!) to save in a hip file a huge bulk of data in an Application section of a file. Manual removing this section saved us few days of work.

In another case (still existing one?), Houdini was duplicating network boxes inside VOP operator in shelf's Fur Asset. If you open it and edit some CVEX nodes then save it again, duplicating begins but copies stack one on another so it's hard to see the problemin in early stage. At some point you simply can't work any more as geometrical grow gives you 10.000 netwok boxes in one vop net (what turns to be rather prohibitive - if someone considers creating uber material this information might be helpful).

Again with a help of hexpand we could narrow the problem, and though we couldn't fix it there (and collapse files after all), it was more then enough info to remove 10.000 boxes with hython...

God bless hexpand.

skk.