fluid_erosion_problem

hi guys,long time no see . :ph34r:

I am trying to get some fluid erosion effects. I use a lot of boxes interacting with fluid. And at each frame I get the fluid speed near each box, transfer it to the center point of the box, then the box with max speed should be deleted. So the effect like the boxes are disappeared frame by frame.

Now the problem comes, I can not keep the state of the boxes in last frame. It always eroded from the first state. What I wish is the boxes are eroded little by little. So how can I keep the shape interact with fluid from frame to frame.

Hope some nice guy can help me. the file is attached.

fluid_erosion2.hip

hi guys,long time no see . :ph34r:

I am trying to get some fluid erosion effects. I use a lot of boxes interacting with fluid. And at each frame I get the fluid speed near each box, transfer it to the center point of the box, then the box with max speed should be deleted. So the effect like the boxes are disappeared frame by frame.

Now the problem comes, I can not keep the state of the boxes in last frame. It always eroded from the first state. What I wish is the boxes are eroded little by little. So how can I keep the shape interact with fluid from frame to frame.

Hope some nice guy can help me. the file is attached.

The "feedback" example in this thread might help:

also check out the "odforce attribute simulator" on the exchange:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=139

Hope that helps!

Edited by mrice