which fields are which primitive values?

itriix

Hi all

Question: in the "lowrespyro" or even the "uprespyro"... how do you figure out WHICH primitive number a particular field is?

Answer: just look at the order the fields are being brought in!... hmmm okay i figured it out while typing this.

There is still some confusion though. Example. If I go into the "lowrespyro" and then MMB the "pyrofields" node... It says there are 13 primitives, with 0-12 volume resolutions... those volume resolutions are actually the "primitive fields" right? next up, in the pyrofields dop io node, it says it's only importing 7 fields. and so i'm just curious what are the other 6 fields? and therefore, how do you know which ones are which?

in the dop io node, the order is: density, vel, rest, rest2, temperature, heat, fuel... but there are 13 primitives. so which one is temperature?

then next up is... in the "uprespyro" it says there are only 3 primitives... and 0-2 volume resolutions. and they are importing, density, temperature and heat. so then i'd assume that in this example, temperature would be primitive 1... because density would be 0, temp 1, and heat 2...?

is that correct?

thanks!

Jonathan

Edited by itriix

hmmm well spoke too soon again! i just actually noticed a temperature ramp built into the billowy smoke shader now! LOL.... cheers to myself! okay anyways, it's still good for learning because i was JUST about to basically build this myself! :) seemed like a good idea... a little late ;) oh well

more specifically, you can delete (and then merge low res fields in high res fields) with the following:

In the group field of a delete node use (delete non-selected):

@name=vel

and then do the same with the upres (but with delete-selected), then merge the two together and you are using up-res and low res fields together.