RBD object

Unik

hey guys...

i was trying to do some rigid body stuff in houdini...but i am facing some really weird problems... like i tried to make a RBD object (grid in this case) a static object.. when the box firstly collides with the grid it bounces and then it passes the grid.. you can see that here... dopsprob.jpg ..hope you guys could help me figure out where the problem lies..

Thanks... :)

Edited by Unik

If you are trying to just create a ground object. I would suggest using the Ground Plane DOP. If you are looking for something more robust, use your grid as the source for a Terrain DOP.

thnxx for replying...but its not working.. i've also attached a file with it...maybe that could explain my problem better ...

rbd_dop_activation.hipnc

Edited by Unik

there are number of possible reasons..your collision geometry representation might be faulty..(which i doubt in this case as its a simple box)..your surface representation in the collisions tab also plays important role..(imoh3n was pointing to this)..

I cant say for sure but looking at the picture it seems you have set it up using RBDkeyactive..

I cant see the collision relationship from the picture but generally its *Left Input affects the right*(when you merge the RBDs or Static Bodies in DOPs) unless you specify otherwise..it looks like you should switch the inputs in the merge..

Also I would suggest using a StaticSolver for the Grid (I prefer a ground plane) instead of Using a RBDKeyactive on it and then piping it and Box both through the RBDSolver..

Edited by bhaveshpandey

select RBD object (CUBE), in setting go to collision tab then surface and change surface represent to edge. this maybe solve problem.

but i also agree with bhaveshpandey, if you use merge node with default setting, change the order of selected node(Grid left, cube right)

i test a scene same as your scene and change the RBD Collision Setting to edge, problem solved. try this.

Edited by imoh3n

Hey thanks :) graham, bhavesh and imoh3n... it is solved now.... i have changed it to edges in the surface represent... and ground plane also did the job... but switching of the input nodes didn't helped.... as i want the grid to be a static object at one time and dynamic at the other so i think that the first option will be better... and surely i'll keep ground plane in mind next time i'll do it.... thankyou all for your replies :)