How to render a specific mantra node from commandline

I found that to render in commandline we need to use mantra -f <file name.ifd>

But I have arround 20 mantra nodes in the Houdini and I would like to renderout only one specific Mantra node from the commandline since I want to put some dependancies over the Mantra nodes..

another reason is that sometimes i may have very heavy furred characters and If i think to dump the ifd files I may end up filling my server diskspace..

so thought to renderout the ifd and then render the files over the rendertime.... one by one...

is there any method to do the above task...

Houdini ships with a command line tool: hrender that you can use to render from a specific output driver in your .hip file. hrender itself is a cshell script. I believe this should do what you want.

Mantra expects a pre-generated ifd file in order to render. You can wrap up your own shell script to do that but then that is what hrender is doing.

i have couple of requirements where i need to render out the couple of dependencies and that too they have to be stored in a text file that I want to render out them using in the cmd line...like

I want to render out

objects pass

fur pass

particle pass

but I want to put all these in the text file...

hrender didnt work out there is no proper doc for it...

render cmd from the hscript textport is working like expected like example...

render -f 1 -o /obj/ropnet1/tub_mesh where tub_mesh is a mantra render node... and this is working as expected

now i want to create a script for the following

-------------------------------------------------

render -f <frame range> -o /obj/ropnet1/tub_mesh

render -f <frame range> -o /obj/ropnet2/head_fur

render -f <frame range> -o /obj/ropnet3/particles

or very importantly that I want to dump out the mantra ifd seq inside a selcted subnet like I may have around 10 mantra drivers dedicated for each character and if i want to render out one character or all the characters at a time.

I want some simple solution actually any suggestions on this will be very helpful...

hi steven its very helpful thank u...

but can u tell me how to create a node where i want to embed couple of hscripts to execute and assign a button to that...

like lets take an example..

I want to renderout all the Mantra nodes which are in different subnets and then put a global button which is located in the root to renderout all them using the

hrender -e -v -d ROP c:/no_spaces_in_path/no_spaces_in_file_name.hip list

hrender -e -v -d ROP c:/no_spaces_in_path/no_spaces_in_file_name.hip

so now what is the way to trigger all of these using a button... can u tell me how to do this?

If you want to render dependencies from within Houdini, it's a matter of chaining up mantra nodes. I highly recommend you go through the Rendering Help documents (Control dependencies between renders section) before asking more questions.

Also, look into the help for the Batch, Merge and Frame Dependency ROPs to find out what each does and I'm sure they will allow you to do what you want. For example, connecting ROPs subnets to a Merge ROP will allow you to render everything.

Last but not least, please search through this forum and SESI's as lots of information can be found.

Cheers!

steven