Visual C++ 2005

Guest xionmark

Thank You, the MSDN website is a nightmare :rolleyes:

Do i need the standard or the pro edition?

Would you mind posting the URL for the download? I've been all over the MSDN site and can't find it, horrible website!

Thanks!

Mark

These are links to the runtimes, not the compiler toolkit.

I don't think the 2005 editions (the express edition as well) are available for download anymore, maybe only msdn subscribers have access to those.

I remember when I installed the windows sdk that it had options to install various compilers (2005/2008/32bit/64bit)... maybe worth a try...

Guest xionmark

These are links to the runtimes, not the compiler toolkit.

Yes, these are just the runtime libs ...

I give up, damn Windows just sucks, period. Only reason I'm doing this is as a favor for those unfortunate souls stuck with Windoze.

One might ask, why doesn't the HDK compile with the current MS Visual Studio ... sure would be a lot easier.

Mark

I found it there, no download, but at least it exists.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms950416.aspx

And finaly I found some shops that sell it. But I will first go the linux way as it is cheaper

Yes, these are just the runtime libs ...

I give up, damn Windows just sucks, period. Only reason I'm doing this is as a favor for those unfortunate souls stuck with Windoze.

One might ask, why doesn't the HDK compile with the current MS Visual Studio ... sure would be a lot easier.

Mark

You don't have to buy anything - the 2005 express edition works fine (if anyone needs the 32bit VC2005 express edition and has ftp space, I could upload it there...or search the net, I'm sure it's lurking somewhere...). To get the 64bit compiler/libraries, you must download the windows sdk and mark them during installation.

edit: Here is a link to the PlatformSDK that should include the VC2005 compilers :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4377F86D-C913-4B5C-B87E-EF72E5B4E065&displaylang=en

Edited by diula

I found it pretty easily the other day. If you google search for apdubey + visual studio it should come up first. It's not a torrent site or anything like that. I would post the link, but not sure if thats a good idea.

I setup gvim to compile all the examples so I wouldn't have to use the VS IDE and it's working great so far. In other words I only needed the compiler, but couldn't find any Platform SDK downloads for XP. It seems they only offer that for vista.

Edited by Alanw

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...