Basic expression question

Doum

Hey guys,

I'm following this tutorial Beginners - Houdini Expressions Tutorial and trying to push it a bit further. I want to make a condition for the uniform scale of my copy and set a limit if the number of copy is greater than 100 stop to cumulate the scale transform . I tried something like that if($NCY<100,ch("../scale2"),???) and if it false I want to use the uniform scale of the last copy before 100 and stay with that value until the end of the frame range.

Someone can help me with that?

Thx

Doum

I'd put the scale channel into a clamp expression which will limit the number to the given range.

if($NCY<100, ch("../scale2"), clamp(ch("../scale2"), 0, 100))
[/CODE]

Replace the 0 and 100 arguments for the clamp with whatever you want. If you want those values to be determined automatically it might require more than just expressions, like a for loop (like the For SOP) that keeps track of the values as it goes.

You should make sure to use the proper Variable. $NCY returns you the total nr of iterations $CY returns you the current iteration.

so if($CY<10,0.8,1) is if the iteration is smaller then 10 then scale with 0.8 else use 1 meaning don't scale down any further.

You should make sure to use the proper Variable. $NCY returns you the total nr of iterations $CY returns you the current iteration.

so if($CY<10,0.8,1) is if the iteration is smaller then 10 then scale with 0.8 else use 1 meaning don't scale down any further.

Nice, that's a lot cleaner than what I suggested.