Export Passes in H15 Pyro shader

Any one please help me to export pyro shader passes such as "smoke_color, smoke_mask, fire_color & fire_mask" from Houdini 15 Pyro shader. There is no options available like previous shader. I tried giving those names in extra image planes but render is empty. Anybody please give me the tricks to export these passes

hi,

smoke_mask, fire_mask are set already

VEX Variable - smoke_mask

VEX Type - float

dive inside a shader and add "bind" for smoke/fire_color (check the same bind in v14's shader)

Edited by fencer

frankly, i find outputting emission for the fire color is a better option.  export combined lighting per light and direct_emission.  make sure to set the sample filter for the direct emission pass to "full opacity filtering" instead of just "opacity filtering".

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have been able to split the fire emission, and the per light aov, but I cannot isolate the smoke pass.

The other hacky way could be to render the smoke and fire as seperate objects splitting the vdb's into each, but thats not nice.