mantra doesnt show textures

Hi guys! 

I did a model on maya and the texture in mari and i'm trying to shade it in mantra, but if i plug the UDIM textures in the material i can see the texture in the viewport but not in the render view :/

does somebody knows why and can help me? 

thank you

No, that is correct. I just wanted to make sure you had not simply used some OpenGL shader instead which might only offer viewport support.

I have not done a lot with UDIM textures, but I know there is a check box, right above where you specify the image map. UDIM Filename Expansion. Have your tried activating that?

Also try just assigning any old material to the diffuse slot and see if that renders. Try to figure out if it is UDIM specific or not.

Edited by Atom

8 minutes ago, Atom said:

No, that is correct. I just wanted to make sure you had not simply used some OpenGL shader instead which might only offer viewport support.

I have not done a lot with UDIM textures, but I know there is a check box, right above where you specify the image map. UDIM Filename Expansion. Have your tried activating that?

Also try just assigning any old material to the diffuse slot and see if that renders. Try to figure out if it is UDIM specific or not.

with a random material it's rendering, and the weird thing is that in the viewport is showing the textures in the right place, and in the render view.. just nothing! :/ 
I've checked Use map and Udim filename expansion in the mantra surface :/ but yet nothing,

if i render with a baketexture it's showing only black and white textures :/ 

Maybe it has something to do with the name of the UDIM image files themselves. Like there is some illegal character or SPACE that is messing up Mantra..?

What about duplicate geometry in the exact same space?

Kind of grasping at straws here without any example files.

4 hours ago, Atom said:

Maybe it has something to do with the name of the UDIM image files themselves. Like there is some illegal character or SPACE that is messing up Mantra..?

What about duplicate geometry in the exact same space?

Kind of grasping at straws here without any example files.

you're right sorry, Here is my hip with the model and the textures.. 

I changed the name in the UDIM extension as %(UDIM)d or it wouldn't read them 

Edited by lyansart

6 minutes ago, Atom said:

It seems to work for me.

What I did was throw away your old Mantra ROP node and then created a new Mantra Surface and tried the UDIM filename you had setup in the other Mantra material node.

Try my HIP with your assets.

ap_shield.hipnc

the problem was i didn't typed the point after the texture name. 
It's so weird that it was showing in the viewport and not in the render anyway

Thank you so much by the way, you saved me from a lot of headache!