Rotation with a Copy SOP on curve

Homer0

Hi all, i've a question about the Copy SOP.

Let's say i've a simple Box, plugged into a Copy with a curve as second input. It copy the box along the curve points, and i take care of the orientation with a Polyframe. Now i want the Box to have an incremental rotation on the Z axis every copy.

Without a second input, i could manage that with the Rotate of the copy keeping Transform Cumulative turned on; but with a second input plugged in, it doesn't work... any suggestion?

Thanks in advance ^^

That is what stamping is for. On input 2 add an attribute wrangle which runs over the points of the curve. Create a new attribute called my_rotation for each point. Then stamp that information into a transform that you also add to input 1.

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1

alright, so far i got it how to stamp the attribute. I created my_rotation, gave it a 20 as value and then, into a transform added on the first input, i wrote in the Rotate Z: stamp("../copy1","my_rotation", 0)

The attribute works, but it rotate every instance with the same value, guess it's the Attribute Wrangle part missing, which i suppose i need to tell that every point in the curve have to get a differente value....

EDIT: I finally did it. Since i wanted every instance rotated by 15 degrees, i just put 15*$PT as Value of the Stamp attribute. I probably didn't make myself clear and  @Atom thought i needed something more complex ^^

Edited by Homer0
  • Like 1