Houdini Crowds -- smoothly transition between states -- crowd behavior

Hello fellow Houdini users!  I am using the Houdini Crowd setup. I am trying to trigger a state change in fish from a fast swim to a slow swim. I understand that using the triggers and transitions I can get animation clips to smoothly blend together over time. However I can't get the crowd steering nodes to transition together smoothly. Beneath my fast swim and slow swim states I have separate chains of crowd steer nodes, one that has low drag and high movement, and the other with high drag and low movement, and they then feed into the 'merge states' node and then into the crowdsolver. But when the transition is triggered there is no interpolation between these states, they immediately switch over regardless of the transition duration. Does anyone know a way I can get a smooth transition between two separate crowd steering states?

Thank you for your help!

Edited by ackermanken
optimizing for searchability

You may want to take a look at the Agent Clip Transition Graph node. It allows you set up more detailed transitions between specific clips. The attached file is from the help which also contains a transition preview node in the form of RED, YELLOW and GREEN color states indicating where the agent is at in the current transition.

crowd_transition_graph.gif

ap_crowd_transition_graph.hiplc

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1