Group Attribute

Looking at the Geometry Spreadsheet. A Group SOP creates an attribute like "group:foo":

grp_att_spreadsheet.jpg

I can easily access that group "attribute" in a Wrangle like so:

i@myvalue = @group_foo;

QUESTION:
How do I access that group attribute on parameters that requires an attribute name?

For example, in a Color SOP's Random from Attribute:
grp_att_color_rand.jpg

Or on a Delete SOP's Filter Expression:
grp_att_delete_filer_exp.jpg

Although I know that I could just type the group name on the group field. I'm just curious if there's a way to access the Groups data as "Attributes".

Particularly, I'm asking because I want to access Groups as an "Attribute" in the Enable Solver DOP without actually creating an actual attribute to represent the group:

grp_att_enable_solver.jpg

Hopefully I'm just missing or forgetting the proper syntax..

P.S. The Enable Solver could use an option where it can check for existing groups. I'll probably send an RFE :D

Edited by galagast
spelling/grammar fix

Groups used to be a different collection of data with the geometry, so how you read/write to them was technically very different. Relatively recently in h12/h13/h14 as they updated the geometry library they began to handle groups the same ways as attributes data on disk. However groups still maintain there own series of rules and parameter options as described. If you want a group to act like an attribute just convert it, it will be better in the long run. You'll have to request a bunch of RFE to get full parody. I actually stopped using groups all together, it makes it easier.