Ocean interact with ship problems

jgsdtc

Hi guys,

I have a scene which is ocean interact with a ship. But I have a few problems with it.

(1) The volume foam always jitter. Is it because my flip sim particle separation is different from the VDB voxel size?

(2) How can I get rid of the foam on the ocean? I only want the foam to be generated around the ship. I am using whitewater solver and because the ocean surface is moving and it has the velocity so it will generate foam on the surface too. Is it have any different approach for that?

Thank you!

Video passcode: test

https://vimeo.com/203928351

Test_1.jpg

Test_2.jpg

7 hours ago, tamagochy said:

Make mask around ship and multiply it to emmision rate.

Thank you Andrii. Do you mean make a polygon or primitive around the ship and use group node to delete the particle outside the bounding area? or Calculate the distance between ship and particles to be the emission rate?

2 hours ago, Atom said:

I know how to make a mask in After Effects but I still don't know how to mask anything in Houdini.

Can you elaborate on FLIP masking?

I think I can use point cloud to look up the particles around ship. But not sure if that works..Still finding the solution..