Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

demoan666

scatter points from stick to the (animated/ alembic/ mocap) mesh instead of wiggling/ changing position at every frame.

How do i stop the scatter points from wiggling/ changing position at every frame and instead stick to the (animated/ alembic/ mocap) mesh/volume.
Also what's that error on the "connectadjacentpoints" (please refer attached image).

m.

NB: please bear with my ignorance of basic concepts inside Houdini.

Clipboard01.jpg

The c. a. pieces sop expects geometries to have a name since it's usually used to connect pieces for rbd simulations. If you right click it and go with "allow edit of contents" (or something of the sort) you will see that some nodes have errors because of the absence of the name att. You can delete those nodes since you're not using them if you want to get rid of the error 

About the other question see here 

1 person likes this

you can scatter points in texture space to make points stick to a deforming geometry or generate once on a rest position and then use an attribute interpolate node to deform it each frame

check the "Spiky Deforming Torus" example which comes within houdini.

1 person likes this

thanks a ton for the "attribute interpolate" tip. it works perfectly on the surface! however i believe i didn't ask my question properly in the first place... I can't seem get it to work with the volume (if the isooffset node's "output" attribute is on iso surface/ tetramesh it draws the scatter points but it wiggles). 

Clipboard01.jpg

hi Sepu, could you please elaborate that a bit. the point deform node has three inputs viz "mesh to deform" "rest point lattice" "deformed point lattice" i can't seem to figure out how to go about that node in this respect.

m. 

dang! i was so close... thanks a ton @Sepu and @Martin47 - you guys here are amazing! :)