scatter points from stick to the (animated/ alembic/ mocap) mesh instead of wiggling/ changing position at every frame.

demoan666

How do i stop the scatter points from wiggling/ changing position at every frame and instead stick to the (animated/ alembic/ mocap) mesh/volume.
Also what's that error on the "connectadjacentpoints" (please refer attached image).

m.

NB: please bear with my ignorance of basic concepts inside Houdini.

Clipboard01.jpg

The c. a. pieces sop expects geometries to have a name since it's usually used to connect pieces for rbd simulations. If you right click it and go with "allow edit of contents" (or something of the sort) you will see that some nodes have errors because of the absence of the name att. You can delete those nodes since you're not using them if you want to get rid of the error 

About the other question see here 

• Like 1

you can scatter points in texture space to make points stick to a deforming geometry or generate once on a rest position and then use an attribute interpolate node to deform it each frame

check the "Spiky Deforming Torus" example which comes within houdini.

• Like 2

thanks a ton for the "attribute interpolate" tip. it works perfectly on the surface! however i believe i didn't ask my question properly in the first place... I can't seem get it to work with the volume (if the isooffset node's "output" attribute is on iso surface/ tetramesh it draws the scatter points but it wiggles). 

Clipboard01.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hey I Stumbled over this and it helped me with nearly the same effect.

but i have to go back to the thing with the connectadjacentpoints node.
it is constantly reconnecting points - is there a way to avoid that?

I put a
connectadjacentpieces node behind the point deform in Sepu`s example to test it.
I set the "CaP" node to connect points and tried different radius and max points settings but no luck.

thx in advice
de Heavy