Change resolution breaks pyro sim

evanrudefx

Hey!

I believe my problem is simple, so hopefully someone can help. The attached file is a pyro simulation. It runs fine, right? I want a higher res sim, so I go to the smoke object and set the resolution from .08 to .06, and some how it stops working!! If you go to the visualization, you can see that the fuel is there, but somehow there is no heat or temp or anything. What's going on here? How does changing the resolution stop the sim from working?

Thanks

flame_test.zip

I don't know much...but simply trial and error...

in your pyrosolver>advanced..the combo min/max substeps of 4/6...for whatever reason...is a perfect storm...it doesn't work.

try other combo, obviously, you might try lowering one of them or both....it will work like 3/6 or 4/5.....now oddly, if you increase BOTH to say 5/7...you'd expect it to not work.....but it DOES.....so why doesn't 4/6 work ? like I said, I don't know much....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Noobini said:

I don't know much...but simply trial and error...

in your pyrosolver>advanced..the combo min/max substeps of 4/6...for whatever reason...is a perfect storm...it doesn't work.

try other combo, obviously, you might try lowering one of them or both....it will work like 3/6 or 4/5.....now oddly, if you increase BOTH to say 5/7...you'd expect it to not work.....but it DOES.....so why doesn't 4/6 work ? like I said, I don't know much....

Thanks for you input!! Super wierd.  I don't understand why those settings don't work, lol.

• 2 weeks later...