flip boat tail

Hi Guys, 

I'm pretty new to Flips, and I am trying to achieve a really basic effects, like having a whitewater behind a boat to form a V. (whitewater slightly moving aside). 
Indeed what I achieve is simply a line II where my whitewater disappear pretty fast. 

this is not a human scale boat, is more 1 meter x 2 meters, sailing in a flat river (for now). 
Do you have any suggestion on why this is happening? Should I add a pump with a velocity? Or should I increase the resolution of the flip simulation? also, is the fact that i am reseeding in the flip simulation the particles under the water line that causes this "lost" of whitewater? 

I thought that the velocity would automatically generate a V shape, seems I am wrong! thanks for reading guys, and thanks if you'll help me get it somehow 

• 1 month later...

If you are referring to a kelvin wake you can find a great thread with examples here

...or you can do what I ended up doing and just displace the surface with an image. The client kept changing his mind about the placement and composition of it so it was much more efficient than re-simming

kelvin.thumb.png.b98c58c03346240408c14296a38b0c11.png