Packed fracture/alembic settings for hierarchy grouped geo

Hello all,

Newbie calling for help here.  Now, more angry and with less hair...

I am trying to export out an alembic file that will have my packed fracture in a grouped hierarchy rather then a solid piece of geometry.  My end product would be an alembic that I can auto assign bones(via script) to each piece of geo inside of maya.  From there I would like to export out as an FBX.  My geometry setup in houdini does have an Assemble node with Create Groups, Create name Attribute and create Packed Geometry selected.  In my fracture voronoi I have an attribute created called piece.  Also in my voronoi tab under groups Ive selected create groups with named  prefix, interior and exterior groups.  I dont know if Im setting up my tree wrong in my fractured Object (Door) or if my settings to render out with a ROP Alembic are jacked.  So my question is 2 fold, Am I setting up my packed fracture correctly to give me individual pieces come alembic time.  AND are there special settings/ and or combination of settings of both.  Ive read the manual, rumbled through sites and still no bueno.  

I've included my scene for further diagnoses.  ANY help would be greatly appreciated.  I've also tried incorporating Laidlaw's RBD/FBX export into my hip and couldn't get it to work.  On that note any FBX workflow that can be recomended.  I tried the game tab RBD to FBX export but I'm confused as to what node to export I should select in my file.  Everything Ive tried so far just throws an error

Again I appreciate ur help!

DoorExplode_OD_v005.hip

Edited by flourish

• 9 months later...