Id map uv rendering with bakertexture rop

I'm trying, with out success to create an Id map to use in substance painter. something like the quixel colors plugin. I assigned two principled shaders, with different base colors with a material sop at geometry level based on primitive groups (see Attached image). I set up a baketexture rop to export a basecolor image plane, see attached image. The exported image is white. I want uv rendering of the colors in the textures. 

There is something i don't  understand called a uvlense shader. do I need to use this? I didn't add any lights to the scene I don't think i need them. 

I got this warning:

A head-light was automatically added to the scene. If the soho_autoheadlight parameter cannot be found in the Objects tab, add the rendering property to control this behaviour.

I would appreciate if someone would point me in the right direction. 

Thanks

Screenshot from 2017-08-11 13-26-24.png

Screenshot from 2017-08-11 13-26-40.png

Screenshot from 2017-08-11 13-30-39.png

On 8/11/2017 at 2:49 PM, bonassus said:

A head-light was automatically added to the scene. If the soho_autoheadlight parameter cannot be found in the Objects tab, add the rendering property to control this behaviour.

For this under the object tab:

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/out/ifd#objects_tab

Headlight Creation - If there are no lights in the scene, a headlight is created by default. To disable, turn off this checkbox.

This is there by default so people making quick test renders have a light on. You can toggle it off, if you know you don't need it.

You don't need a UV lens shader, for any render layer support. Generally speaking it extremely rare to use lenses shaders in 3-D, except for extreme special cases, like dome rendering.

For the idmap can you post an image of the one in substance you want to mimic. It's not very clear what you are looking for, as there are a lot of methods that can fit with that description.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/24/2017 at 10:55 PM, bonassus said:

Thank you for your reply. I found that the games baker from the game develpment toolset did what i wanted it to do. An id map is just a colorized uv map. Substance can select using the colors that are assigned to the uv map.

Hey wonder if you could help me as i've been having trouble doing what you have done here. So I imported a model from zbrush with material id's to Houdini and created a low and high poly version.  Then I added the game baker rop and tried baking out all the available map options, but the material ID map didn't come out.  I didn't allocate materials using the principle shader, but as you can see from the image the geometry has already inherited the colour ids from the (fbx) zbrush import..I would really appreciate it if you could run me through the procedure as I'm pretty new to learning this and struggling to do this simple thing.

- https://imgur.com/a/U61hL

Many thank in advance