Background image

JJ FX

filename.`$F`.jpg

$F takes whatever is your frame number on timeline. $F4 will take that frame number with padding (i.e. 0001 instead of just 1)

if you have different numbering you can use something like 

filename.`$F - 1000`.jpg

5 minutes ago, davpe said:

filename.`$F`.jpg

$F takes whatever is your frame number on timeline. $F4 will take that frame number with padding (i.e. 0001 instead of just 1)

if you have different numbering you can use something like 

filename.`$F - 1000`.jpg

Seems not to be working for Disk File option. $F evaluates to the current frame on the time slider. In my case background.$F6.tga  > background.098766.tga - and stays like that

Edited by JJ FX

that's probably bcs numbering of your files is wildly different from your timeline frame numbers. you have to compensate for that so those two match. so if you want that file background.098766.tga to be visible on frame 100 you need to type "background.`$F6 - 98666`.tga

No the frame range and time range mathes fine. Just right after I type in ".../bg.$F6.tga" or ".../bg.`$F6`.tga" it converts to the current selected frame, lets say ".../bg.079552.tga". And does not update when sliding the timeline, because it converted to a strict value ".../bg.079552.tga"

Why you dont you use the background image on the camera? If you have you sequence loaded into COPs is gonna read the sequence just fine.
then in your BG of the camera you bring the COP network

op:`opinputpath("../cop2net1/OUT_SH080",0)`

Also make sure to make your timeline the match the sequence number, so if you start tracking at 1001, just set up your timeline correctly before bring the track info. (You do not have to, but it just easier)

Cassspture.PNG

It's a bug, the $F is lost so you need to set a key frame on the path to make it work.

Please submit it As a bug to SESI as it's been there forever and needs to die.

thx!