Storing points in an array over time in wrangle

Naïf

hi everybody,

it's my first question here and i'm all out of noobish solutions. I'm trying to recreate this (see attached) using vex only, as an excercise.

Now i managed to create the circles, and i want to select random points from where i can influence the radius of the neighbours. In order to do so I created an array of all the points, created an attribute that stores the ptnum of a random one and refreshes every 30 frames. The problem is now i want to store these values in a new array over time, but the append function only refreshes the current number.

Is there a way to append a new value to an array every "x" frames?

Hope I explained my situation clearly enough, and thanks to anyone who wastes a little bit of his/her time answering :)

ec0a48264f5f65ce5018d389d4600401.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 11.01.12.png

optical_with_circles.hipnc

I've put a couple of examples of how to do this in the attached file. First way is using a solver SOP - that way is literally appending values to an array every n frames. The other method isn't technically appending values, it's just generating an array that gets longer every n frames. The advantage of doing it like that is that you can scrub the time line without having to cook the whole frame range.

optical_with_circles_edit.hipnc

• 4 months later...