Atom

[SOLVED]Melting UVs?

I have an iPhone model that I am melting.

I am using attribute transfer to migrate UVs from the original model onto the fluid based resulting model. In the viewport it looks ok. I see my UVs are traveling with the points and appear to be melted. Notice how the green smudge seems to be in a lower location in the viewport.

untitled-2.jpg.ddb385c2f438b3426d1c684c2d1df253.jpg

But when I go to render, the UVs look like they are not carrying through and only inherit the position/location from the first frame. The top row of icons in the melted render is actually from the middle of the unmelted phone.

untitled-1.thumb.jpg.0a50011be983f8903638191467ff69e5.jpg

I am transferring the @shop_materialpath as well as the UVs .

untitled-1.jpg.31a89f00b5d0f8ea9284d8bd0fed31c2.jpg

Edited by Atom

After closer examination it looks like @Cd is traveling with the melting geometry but @uv is not. @uv looks like a projection on top after the fact.
How do I get @uv to stick like @Cd?

uv_melt.gif

Ok, I think I have found the solution.

Before you submit your geometry to the fluid simulation you must promote all attributes you want to melt, to points. So Cd, uv and shop_materialpath should reside on points before the simulation begins.

After simulation, in the meshing network, you need to add those attributes (Cd, uv, shop_materialpath) to the transfer list of the fluidcompress and the particlefluidsurface nodes. After the particle surface node you need to promote the attributes back to their appropriate resting area. So uvs get promoted back to vertex and shop_materialpath gets promoted back to primitives.

untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Atom
  • Like 3

Hi this method only works if using the shelf tools. As i have a custom flip fluid this method doesn't work for me. I hate to ever ask but i don't suppose you have a project file of yours too look at. Ive been tearing my hair out for about 3 days trying to work this out. arrrgggghhh