mattyjrogers

Creating fibrous language with attractor points

Hi guys, 

I have attached an image of what I am looking to create.... I am assuming it will be done with partical trails but I was wondering if I can control the density with attractor points somehow? Does anyone know how I can create something that looks like this? Thanks! 

5-evolution-021.thumb.jpg.8c548a390d08cde86f86b6d94e9f4a50.jpg

If you have not visited Entagma, check it out. They produce tutorials and some have a look similar to what you have posted.

I have been looking at their stuff yeah, really good stuff, but I still am yet to find a way to really control the density of areas of trails, but I will keep fiddling!

20 hours ago, mestela said:

Maybe this? Just a bunch of axis forces, point emitters, trails, and setting alpha so you get that multiplicative effect in areas of high density.

trail_graph.hip

trail_graph.gif.6a1a2839d0da6452cfaf3eaff0c412bf.gif

Do you know a way that I could make this three dimensional? Thanks!

Ha, I'd carefully balanced the emitters and forces to keep it 2d. 

On the emitters, set the variance to have some random y and z, that'll push it into 3d. Same goes for pushing the axis force spheres along z, they'll start to push particles off the 2d plane. 

• Like 1

Thanks again! Maybe I am just being really stupid... I havtrail_graph.hipnce managed to push the axis force spheres along the z out of place but then once gone back into the geo1 tab there are no trails being created any longer... any thoughts?

I have attached the file, thanks :)