Rbd + Wire Doesn't Work

Rafal123

Check it out:

http://www.rafal.stnet.pl/dop_scene.zip

can somebody explain why this ain't work? I wanna rbd sphere hit the curve but it doesn't move. I bet there should be something more in dop net, right? but what?

28274[/snapback]

I haven't looked at your scene, but I believe there is an example of exactly this in the Wire Solver helpcard. Try load that and analyse the setup, perhaps?

Good luck,

Jason

as far as I could see in a quick look You sphere has no animation at all so it does not move. cause there are no forces in the setup.

I guess it's also better to attach the rbdsolver to the rbdobject instead of attaching it to the wireobject.

i modified Your scene, gave the sphere some initial velocity and added some mass to the wire so it does not get so hectic, but keep in mind I'm on the learning journey, too. :)

martin

dop_scene_back.rar

i didnt checked the scene file from Martin but.. from my really little DOP knowledge.. aint the sequence of nodes in DOP networks not relevant?.. afaik the DOP and POP networks are not sequential like SOP and others.. correct me if i'm wrong.

cheers.

28301[/snapback]

You are talking about if wiring the rbd solver to the rbd object instead of the wireobject, aren`t You? I'm not sure about this at all I must admitt.

as far as I could see in a quick look You sphere has no animation at all so it does not move. cause there are no forces in the setup.

I guess it's also better to attach the rbdsolver to the rbdobject instead of attaching it to the wireobject.

i modified Your scene, gave the sphere some initial velocity and  added some mass to the wire so it does not get so hectic, but keep in mind I'm on the learning journey, too.  :)

martin

28300[/snapback]

the sphere has initial velocity = 2 but it doesn't move with that setup

I must check your scene, thanks man

the sphere has initial velocity = 2 but it doesn't move with that setup

I must check your scene, thanks man

28314[/snapback]

hey Rafal123

your sphere do not moves becouse you not using "RBDsolver" (for sphere) ;)

---

Val

yeeah now I understand, thanks people but...

this is a half of a problem...

the sphere collide with curve which is used for revolve sop to create a simple bottle, I thought if sphere will hit the curve it would change the shape of the bottle becouse of procedural nature of that, but it doesn't