Curve Problem

Visual Cortex Lab

Hi there,

I post a simple scene showing my problem...

basically it seams i cant get points -really- fused.. and when i apply a resample I got separated curve... the curve i'm resampling/fusing comes from a duplicated curve wich -should- become a single curve to be resampled... with fuse... but it seams it doesnt even if points numbers shows me so.

hope you can figure it out.

cheers

curves_problem.hipnc.tar.gz

Hey

as a cheat...

you could use a add sop between fuse1 and resample1, just under Polygons

Polygon ) , use this expression 0-$N and make sure under Points, specify delete geometry but keep points.

that solves the problem, its seems like u have 3 primitives and its not fuseing them

hope this helps

brian :blink:

Like Peliosis said, the reason is because even though their points are fused temporarily they're still really 3 seperate primitives.

What you want to use in this case is a join, so that it joins all the curves together to form 1 primitive.

Less steps too :)

M

oh... then I must had misunderstoud the fuse SOP .. i tought it was for merging near points .... into actually one ...

I didnt tried the join sop just cause I didnt expected I was able to join 3 curves at time :) ...

thank a lot for this... some more light on my confused Houdini background then :)

cheers.

[one' date=Oct 6 2006, 04:21 PM' post='31209]

oh... then I must had misunderstoud the fuse SOP .. i tought it was for merging near points .... into actually one ...

You are right it does. If you turn on point number display you should see that. But what you are missing is the fact that seperate primitives can share points. What I think you are confusing it with is something that would fuse vertices.... thats effectively what the join sop does.

Take a look at a poly sphere for example it has loads of polys in it but the corners of each poly share points - they are fused - but turn on vertex numbers and you will see that each poly has unique vertices. That's how it works - vertices are unique, points are not.

You are right it does. If you turn on point number display you should see that. But what you are missing is the fact that seperate primitives can share points. What I think you are confusing it with is something that would fuse vertices.... thats effectively what the join sop does.

Take a look at a poly sphere for example it has loads of polys in it but the corners of each poly share points - they are fused - but turn on vertex numbers and you will see that each poly has unique vertices. That's how it works - vertices are unique, points are not.

...this helped me made some light in mu confusion.. and actually I wasnt about the fuse/join use... (now i know it eheh).. but about the fact that I was working with polygon lines and I tought they were traited as polygons, and that's why i didnt used the join ... but now is much more clear :)

... I really need to relax a bit :) my knowledge seams to go back instead of growing :D

thanks a lot. cheers