WINDOWS 2000 refreshing issues

freespark

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone experiences this in Windows 2000. Does anyone's mouse cursor disappear while in the viewport in Houdini? I think this is specific to 2000 because it does not happen while on NT. OHH!! I should also add that I have dual boot on my machine, just a matter of time before one of these sorry Os's gets canned and Linux comes and sits comfortably. And, I also have an Elsa Gloria II card, which is a pretty good card, but supposedly has been known to have refreshing issues--never encountered any.

Nevins

As usual, make sure you try the latest video drivers. (and moving back to old ones if the new ones don't work!)

On thing I've found on Win2K systems is that often times the video driver gets confused with the mouse "shadow" option turned on. You might want to try to turn that setting off.

dante

Once again,

Man, I am lucky to be surrounded by such expertise. The driver issue was definitely the problem. It works spit- fiddley. Thank you so much guys. Elsa Gloria 2 definitely holds up, but the drivers were a little hard to find. Their website that I used to be familiar with has not been up. NVIDIA's official site must be the cause of that-had to go to Elsa Asia in order to get it. Much appreciated Marc and Dante.

Nevins Duret