sort / connect points to form clean polygons

gaurav

Hello Folks,

Given any random point order where points are located at the verts of an ngon in a plane (* attached image ) how to sort / connect points to form a closed clean surface.

I need it for a fun little thing "For any given platonic solid make the dual procedurally"

Converting Tetrahedron -> Inverted Tetrahedron, Cube -> Octahedron, Dodecahedron-> Icosahedron is real easy but i need to get the above sorting in place before i can make it work conversely.

i.e. Inverted tetra -> Tetra , Octa -> Cube , Icosa.->Dodeca.

Any Ideas on sort / connect ?

post-6162-132575801808_thumb.jpg

Triangulate2d sop is another one, although is limited to convex shapes only.

You can group the polygon(s) and in the triangulate2D add the group to the "Constraint Primitives" and set "No New Points on Constraints" to off. Then you have Concave shapes as well. (no hole's though if you use it to combine multiple polygons)

Edited by kgoossens

You can group the polygon(s) and in the triangulate2D add the group to the "Constraint Primitives" and set "No New Points on Constraints" to off. Then you have Concave shapes as well. (no hole's though if you use it to combine multiple polygons)

Hi!

Is there maybe way to combine multiple polygons with holes. Can i use also triangulate2D to do this!

Thank You!