Slightly funny and cute

Macha

Care to share some of your concepts ??

I wanted to understand the creep SOP because I never really understood how it works and what the use of it is.

So, I created an object that creeps randomly along the surface. Several of them can be birthed and then given different paths via a foreach sop. I used an attribute to get the distance to the nearest neighbor and that drives the scale of the blobs. The color trails are kept persistent via a CHOP.

I am now trying to let the blobs create shapes. There are some weird elongated intermediates but if all works well I can post a render of it in a few days.

Here is the version with the shape-changing blobs.

I get strange square shapes in the displacement. Does anybody know what they are? They look like jpeg artifacts but I haven't used any image textures, nor have I saved in a lossy format. They are on the surface. I guess it is related to sampling.

post-4013-126077935963_thumb.jpg

post-4013-126077937078_thumb.jpg

post-4013-126077937949.jpg

I get strange square shapes in the displacement. Does anybody know what they are? They look like jpeg artifacts but I haven't used any image textures, nor have I saved in a lossy format. They are on the surface. I guess it is related to sampling.

maybe it's a displacement bound issue, have you tried adding the displacement bound rendering property to your geometry object and setting it as high as the displacement can get?

How did you do to deform the map? what's the cencept? are you moving points around each blob (do you deform geometry?) or do you deform the texture?

thank you!

I used an attribute that I generated from the trails by the chop.

• 2 months later...