File Size Bug?

I've got a rig I've been working on and its been hovering at around 50-60meg typically. Recently, since I've gone in and redone a bunch of the weights, the size has steadily skyrocketed till now the file is 2.02 gig. It seems like there's a bug where Houdini isn't getting rid of old or unused data(for example the weight table)? Has anyone ever seen this before and how did you fix it? A friend told me to try closing out and copying my whole project directory to a new directory because he thought that would cause it to skip the unused data but that didn't work and now Houdini won't open the file because it is so large(or at least its taking its sweet time doing it...). Thanks for any advice!

Ryan

Not sure about a bug, but make sure to also check if you have many locked nodes,things like File Sops and all sorts of files that get "locked" into the scene file are saved in the actual file, that can take up a lot of megs if they are fairly large.

hi!

which version are You using, because there was a bug with LUT section in color settings, the file size was getting bigger and bigger, but this was almost a year ago.

I had the same issue and its a bug when the file is saved (in the LUT if I remember correctly). There's a bunch of slashes that get in the file and each time you save it'll double in size. From what support told me it should be fixed in anything newer than 10.0.295. Opening and saving in a newer version should reduce the file size to what it would normally be. Cheers!

Edited by lukeiamyourfather

I had the same issue and its a bug when the file is saved (in the LUT if I remember correctly). There's a bunch of slashes that get in the file and each time you save it'll double in size. From what support told me it should be fixed in anything newer than 10.0.295. Opening and saving in a newer version should reduce the file size to what it would normally be. Cheers!

Yep I was using 10.0.295. Thanks:)