escalator

blackchicken

Hello

there is some little weekend project.First test of PBR. I found this tutorial for 3ds max and Vray http://www.tdt3d.com/articles_viewer.php?art_id=135 I like this render so much when i was start in max long time ago, so I want do this kind of render in HOUDINI. There is my result. Not exactly same like Vray reference but Im happy for result as a first try of PBR. There is a final scene with full project so you could try better lightning or whatever. All done in houdini, final render 37 samples, 2 area spherical lights. 1280*720 res cca 2.5 hour on my machine. Render time should be better but I add anought samples for clean result.Little post in photoshop just slight lighten of same layer little glow and little coloring. Thanks a lot to all of you on this forum for helping. B.C.

post-4005-12649810859_thumb.jpg

escalator.zip

thanks for repply Macha,

I must say that I love your renders, like Plantlife and......Rock Hard?......You are so happy man that I dont own gun :lol: sorry just joking, good day ;) its absolutely amazing, some little scene with some little stones for me will be great B)

Ofcourse Matt that there should be more things like that, but it was really speed scene just for fun and trying PBR with some architectonic visualization. Takes 4 hours from scratch with some basic materials and textures. Let say, visualization of absolutely new escalator :rolleyes:

Thanks Jason, As I said, very fast project for me and there could be a lot of improvements, but its done :)

i like it!

i have no problem that this shot have no used look because i would think this would be a product shot and for that it's cool.

i would mention that the stairs are to shiny and should be less reflective and yes a wider camera shot would be better for this

kind of shot.