Fur problem

I have very strange problem. I made sphere and apply fur, than I make a spot light and hit render button. I get a black spot on fur. When I delete spot light I lose black spot on fur. So this is problem with spot light. Does anyone know why is this happening?

thanks

I have very strange problem. I made sphere and apply fur, than I make a spot light and hit render button. I get a black spot on fur. When I delete spot light I lose black spot on fur. So this is problem with spot light. Does anyone know why is this happening?

thanks

please show us your image

Use micropoly rendering, and set pixel samples to 8*8 at least, but the crucial thing is the deep shadow map which i described above, You may also lower or rise the shadow bias too, depending on your scene.

Also You can add softness to your shadows, this also depends on your scene size, and I tend to set the shadow quality to 3-4

On the Mantra ROP, look at "Pixel Filter" (under Properties/Output) -- the default is "gaussian 2 2" which is slightly soft, but looks the best with motion blur and such. Sometimes for a nice crisp still image, you can change the filter to a sharpening filter -- just try them all and pick your desired look. Gaussian looks quite good at lower values for Pixel Samples, so you might find yourself having to boost that (to like 15x15) for sharpening filters.

see how my hair look in alpha, how can I fix that issue? this is also issue when I put pixel filter gussian to 3x3

My pixel samples are 15x15, I have depth shadow 1k pixel sample 12x12

You can increase Pixel Samples even higher, if you need to smooth away that even more. Don't be shy:) I've done 40x40 for stills before. You depth shadow probably doesn't need to be much more than 2x2 samples or 3x3 samples to get nice shadows. (No matter what your shadows are doing, it won't affect the Alpha of the image, of course)