how to quickly bypass group of operators?

HI, I am trying to understand how to bypass/unbypass a list of operators, so that I can eaily switch from a slow version of my scene to a fast one. I would like to easily add operators to this list. I was thinking of making groups of them, as there is a button allowing to manage this for all operators in it, but..I would like this to be done automaticly by script, like before a render. And, althought you can change the flag states for any operators with "opset", I found no equivalent for groups. Why is this so?

does anyone has a solution for this?

At first, I was updating a script containing one by one all operators I wanted to bypass. but updating this script is not really handy. I was also thinking about putting a specific prefix for those operators, so that the cript could easily find them, but I don't really like that.

so, any help or advice will be apreciated! :)

I know some people like to use switch operators in conjunction with environment variables.

set HIRES = 1

Then in your switch OPs have the switch parameter $HIRES.

So when your doing tests or animating your have set HIRES = 0, when your render set HIRES = 1

jim.

yes, I am doing this too. this is really useful, but it means you have to put a switch for all OPs you want to bypass or not. this can make the graph quite heavy. But maybe it is me who is not really organised :).

So I was looking for another solution.

And I am so much surprised not to find an equivalent of "opset" for groups...

And, althought you can change the flag states for any operators with "opset", I found no equivalent for groups. Why is this so?

does anyone has a solution for this?

Loop through each OP in a group and turn on the bypass flag.

foreach obj (`execute("opgls -L")`)
opset -b on $obj
end

jim.

You can use the above in conjunction with the Pre-Render Script. Which you can specify in the Scripts Tab in the Mantra Output Driver.

You end the location of your turn_on_hires_objects.cmd and right before the render it will run the script. It works, I just tried it. :D

jim.