skin VOP pb

Hi, I am doing a very simple VOP with just a skin OP appended to the color. I ticked the "apply blemish" param, and when I render, the sin cells are okay, they follow the object, but the spots created by the blemish seem to be calculated in the cameraspace, not the object, so they are moving with my camera. And the object is not deforming, so I guess I do not need to append a rest pos to my SOP net. is it a normal behavior? or I am missing somthing?

Hey there frading

I'm guessing its because you didn't link it to your uvs... Is that correct?

If not, then what you should do is take a shading layer vop, wire it into a vect-to-float thingy and take the first two outputs and wire them into s & t in the skin vop.

That should help the slipping...

actually I did that.

and to be sure I also used the skin SHOP provided in the palette shop, which has a few things already pre-wired, like the one you said. but the pb still occurs. and it doesn't seem to be a slipping pb ( well, I guess, not sure at all ), it seems that the blemish spots are calculated as a 3D pattern, not 2d, unlike the skin cells seem to be. so I guess uv should not be able to solve the pb, right?

and by the way, I also have a similar question. if I apply a 3d pattern, how can I bake the resulting texture in order not to recalculate it each frame?